Liệt kê những bài viết mới nhất

Bài viết mớiNgười viếtVào lúc
Happy to come back here
Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:40 pm
One sentences
Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:43 am
Learn from sentences (1 đoạn trong tiểu thuyết Dracula)
Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:45 pm
2 bài viết đoạt giải viết luận của muathuvang (bài 2)
Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:49 am
2 Bài Writing đoạt giải 3 của Muathuvang (bài 1)
Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:44 am
Seagames 26 Indonesia Vocabs
Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:30 am
Cau hoi ve music
Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:14 am
Cách học tiếng Anh từ tiểu thuyết
Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:03 am
Beer & Football
Mon May 21, 2012 7:45 am
Learn from Reading 1
Mon May 21, 2012 7:33 am
A Brief History of the Motorbike in Vietnam
Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Writing topic 2: Talents
Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:59 pm
Topic Writing
Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:37 am
My facebook wordlist
Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:48 pm
Writing an essay 1
Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:43 pm
cai Office 10 cho XP
Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:19 pm
SPEAKING của IELTS.
Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:59 pm
CHuyển đổi file trực tuyến dễ dàng, mọi loại định dạng
Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:39 pm
Vietnam stops anti-China protest, detains many
Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:10 am
Sentences of day
Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:58 am
WORDS OF DAY
Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:31 am
Talks break down(Đàm phán phá vỡ)
Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:49 am
10 tút fotoshop
Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:35 am
PTS TUT 1 TUT 1
Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:33 am
Nightmares
Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:08 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

57 English Compositions (Pls do not reply to this thread until all 57 essays are posted. Thank you.) ^^

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aqua

aqua
VIP Members
VIP Members

....Being under construction...Please come back later Sad

aqua

aqua
VIP Members
VIP Members

1. A shopping day

We live in the suburb of Ho Chi Minh city. Twice a week my mother and I usually take a bus to HCM City to do some shopping.

Yesterday was my mother's off-day. Early in the morning we took a bus to town. We were in town just after seven and we had the whole morning for shopping.

First, we went to the ready-made clothes department. My mother bought 2 white shirts for my father, a pair of blue jeans for my brother. I chose a pink woolen sweater. I liked it very much because it perfectly suited my complexion. At this department prices were moderate and we didn't need to bargain. Before leaving, my mother bought herself two pairs of gloves.

Next, we went straight to the shoe department. The shop assistant greeted us warmly. He showed us pairs of shoes of really good quality leather. Leather shoes and sandals of various sizes and colors were on sale. The store was crowded with customers. They were either looking at the shoes or buying them. We both chose fashionable pairs of shoes and left.

It was nearly eleven o'clock. We called at a little cafe by the street side to have lunch. After lunch, we went to the park nearby. We took a rest on the bench in the shade of tall trees, waiting for the shops to be open again in the afternoon.

At 2:00 p.m, we returned to the shopping center. We went to the Chinaware department. My mother needed a dozen of dishes and bowls. Enamelled Chinaware of different beautiful patterns attracted housewives' attention.

Finally, before returning home, we went to the stationer's. My mother bought lots of stationery: ink, pens, ball-pont-pens and writing pad. On the way to the bus station we called at the fast food department to get some ready-cooked food for the family when we got home.

Returning home, I felt quite tired but how interesting a shopping day it was!

Notes

To call at: ghe lai
Chinaware: do sanh, su
Enamelled: Trang men

aqua

aqua
VIP Members
VIP Members

2. Describe new year celebrations in your country

Every country has its own customs and traditions. They are manifested clearly in anniversaries, ceremonies and especially on New Year's Days.

In Vietnam, every year towards the 15th day of the 12th lunar month, everybody begins to strip the apricot trees off their leaves and water melons are seen to be sold everywhere then one is ready to welcome New Year with all his merriment and joy. They all have their houses whitewashed and decorated, buy new clothes for their children and get everything ready for Tet.

On the 23rd of the 12th lunar month those who worship Buddha offer ceremony to the Kitchen God (Lares) to send him off to Heaven.

The nearer New Year comes, the more excited and enthusiastic people are. This is the unique occasion for everybody in the family to gather together to welcome New Year after a hard and long year's work.

At 12 o'clock sharp on the 30th of the 12th lunar month the New Year actually replaces the Old one. All houses are well-lighted. At that very moment, everybody, well dressed, rushes out into the streets to visit temples, pagodas or to go to churches. They all pray for a Prosperous and Happy New Year. This is also an opportunity for children to put on their new clothes and wish longevity to their parents and grandparents. All of them are expecting to receive money put in small red envelopes.

On New Year's Days they avoid talking nonsense and try to keep a good humour towards their neighbors. They often pay visits to one another, wish Happy New Year, drink tea together, eat square cylindrical glutinous rice cakes or crack water melon seeds.

The Vietnamese believe that the first day of the New Year is the luckiest day in the year and if on this day they enjoy full happiness, they will be prosperous and happy all year round.

The Vietnamese New Year lasts about a fortnight. It gives sufficient hopes and recreations to our countrymen. After that they are ready to resume their normal work.

Notes:

To strip the trees of their leaves: tray la
apricot tree: cay mai
To crack water melon seeds: can hat dua
To wish longevity to: chuc mung tuoi tho
square, cylindrical glutinous rice cakes: banh chung, banh tet

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com