Liệt kê những bài viết mới nhất

Bài viết mớiNgười viếtVào lúc
Happy to come back here
Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:40 pm
One sentences
Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:43 am
Learn from sentences (1 đoạn trong tiểu thuyết Dracula)
Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:45 pm
2 bài viết đoạt giải viết luận của muathuvang (bài 2)
Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:49 am
2 Bài Writing đoạt giải 3 của Muathuvang (bài 1)
Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:44 am
Seagames 26 Indonesia Vocabs
Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:30 am
Cau hoi ve music
Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:14 am
Cách học tiếng Anh từ tiểu thuyết
Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:03 am
Beer & Football
Mon May 21, 2012 7:45 am
Learn from Reading 1
Mon May 21, 2012 7:33 am
A Brief History of the Motorbike in Vietnam
Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Writing topic 2: Talents
Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:59 pm
Topic Writing
Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:37 am
My facebook wordlist
Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:48 pm
Writing an essay 1
Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:43 pm
cai Office 10 cho XP
Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:19 pm
SPEAKING của IELTS.
Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:59 pm
CHuyển đổi file trực tuyến dễ dàng, mọi loại định dạng
Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:39 pm
Vietnam stops anti-China protest, detains many
Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:10 am
Sentences of day
Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:58 am
WORDS OF DAY
Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:31 am
Talks break down(Đàm phán phá vỡ)
Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:49 am
10 tút fotoshop
Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:35 am
PTS TUT 1 TUT 1
Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:33 am
Nightmares
Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:08 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Academic writing practice for IELTS-Task 1-Test 5

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aqua

aqua
VIP Members
VIP Members

Academic writing practice for IELTS-Task 1-Test 5 2-26-211

My answer:

The diagram shows the results of a survey carried out on 1000 people on various sources of noise which cause a nuisance. The four-category scale ranges from ‘not annoying’ to ‘extremely annoying’.

As being illustrated in the diagram, no source of noise fell into the category of ‘not annoying’, in other words, all 9 listed sources annoyed the people who were surveyed.

On top of the scale stood the noise from music, telephone, do-it-yourself equipments and dogs which were rated as ‘extremely annoying to the respondents. Among those sources, barking dogs created the most nuisance, followed at a close range by DIY equipments and then music standing last in this category.

Noises from radio, plane taking off shared the next position of the scale indicating the level of ‘very annoying’ with the former causing less irritancy than the latter. ‘Annoying’ was given to noise from plane landing as well as from television although ‘plane landing’ annoyed less than the other.

Coming last was the noise derived from ‘running trains’ which was specified as ‘fairly annoying’, showing the least nuisance it caused to the participants on the survey.

Please, help me to check my writing. Thank you so much!!

Word count: 187

Last edited by aqua on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

bluebirdy

bluebirdy
VIP Members
VIP Members

aqua wrote:

My answer:

The diagram shows the results of a survey carried out on 1000 people on various sources of noise which cause a nuisance. The four-category scale ranges from ‘not annoying’ to ‘extremely annoying’.

As being illustrated in the diagram, no source of noise fell into the category of ‘not annoying’, in other words, all 9 listed sources annoyed the people who were surveyed.

On top of the scale stood the noise from music, telephone, do-it-yourself equipments and dogs which were rated as ‘extremely annoying to the respondents. Among those sources, barking dogs created the most nuisance, followed at a close range by DIY equipments and then music standing last in this category.

Noises from radio, plane taking off shared the next position of the scale indicating the level of ‘very annoying’ with the former causing less irritancy than the latter. ‘Annoying’ was given to noise from plane landing as well as from television although ‘plane landing’ annoyed less than the other.

Coming last was the noise derived from ‘running trains’ which was specified as ‘fairly annoying’, showing the least nuisance it caused to the participants on the survey.

Word count: 187

Hi there again Aqua!

I hope this, too, will help...

The picture-diagram illustrates how different sources of noise affect 1,000 people. These noises were considered as nuisance and their severity was measured on 5 different scales, e.g. ‘Not annoying,’ ‘Fairly annoying,’ ‘Annoying,’ ‘Very annoying,’ and ‘Extremely annoying.’

Of course, silence can never be annoying, which explains why the diagram in this category shows an empty column. In contrast, all the nuisances pictured out in this diagram fairly annoyed all the 1000 people but to a different level or degree.

Topping the diagram and which extremely annoyed the 1,000 samples were the barks of dogs. Still tagged as extremely annoying nuisance, although in a lesser degree, were the noises created by carpenters or mechanics or machinists, the rings of the mobile phones or telephones for that matter, and the loud sounds of rock or pop music or the like.

Noises and sounds emitting from loud playing radios were very annoying to some of the sample people, yet, the roaring sounds of planes showed a greater degree. A television turned on with high volume fairly annoyed some people which reached to an annoying level little bit higher than the sound of a piano instrument or of similar instrument being played. The last on the diagram which, likewise, fairly annoyed some of the samples were the sounds of a chugging train or might be the whistles of a passing train.

In brief, noises all around are fairly annoying and can be considered nuisance in every way.

(244 words)

Aqua, please see PMBox... thanks!

bluebirdy

bluebirdy
VIP Members
VIP Members

aqua wrote:

My answer:

‘plane landing’ (? I think this is a picture representing fine music played by a piano or the like?)

Please, correct me if am wrong in this...my perception might be different from yours or rather, my vision is quite not clear???

aqua

aqua
VIP Members
VIP Members

bluebirdy wrote:
aqua wrote:

My answer:

‘plane landing’ (? I think this is a picture representing fine music played by a piano or the like?)

Please, correct me if am wrong in this...my perception might be different from yours or rather, my vision is quite not clear???

Oh yeah, Birdy. Hihi, you are right. The first picture is piano, it's not plane landing. I should be more careful. ^^ And thank you for your writing!!! You are really enthusiastic in writing and helping people!!!

aqua

aqua
VIP Members
VIP Members

P/S: Take this question for example, if I want to look deeper into the diagram, what should I do? Can you give me some tips, please? Thank you!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com