Liệt kê những bài viết mới nhất

Bài viết mớiNgười viếtVào lúc
Happy to come back here
Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:40 pm
One sentences
Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:43 am
Learn from sentences (1 đoạn trong tiểu thuyết Dracula)
Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:45 pm
2 bài viết đoạt giải viết luận của muathuvang (bài 2)
Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:49 am
2 Bài Writing đoạt giải 3 của Muathuvang (bài 1)
Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:44 am
Seagames 26 Indonesia Vocabs
Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:30 am
Cau hoi ve music
Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:14 am
Cách học tiếng Anh từ tiểu thuyết
Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:03 am
Beer & Football
Mon May 21, 2012 7:45 am
Learn from Reading 1
Mon May 21, 2012 7:33 am
A Brief History of the Motorbike in Vietnam
Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Writing topic 2: Talents
Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:59 pm
Topic Writing
Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:37 am
My facebook wordlist
Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:48 pm
Writing an essay 1
Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:43 pm
cai Office 10 cho XP
Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:19 pm
SPEAKING của IELTS.
Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:59 pm
CHuyển đổi file trực tuyến dễ dàng, mọi loại định dạng
Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:39 pm
Vietnam stops anti-China protest, detains many
Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:10 am
Sentences of day
Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:58 am
WORDS OF DAY
Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:31 am
Talks break down(Đàm phán phá vỡ)
Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:49 am
10 tút fotoshop
Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:35 am
PTS TUT 1 TUT 1
Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:33 am
Nightmares
Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:08 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Academic writing practice for IELTS-Task 1-Test 2

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aqua

aqua
VIP Members
VIP Members

Writing task 1-Test 2

Academic writing practice for IELTS-Task 1-Test 2 2-19-20112-46-54PM

My answer:

The bar charts reveal the results of a poll which asked theatre goers to give their opinions on irritants during performances at the theatre.

The irritants can be divided into 2 main groups including sound and non-sound irritants with 12 irritating factors in total. For the former, ‘rustling sweet papers’ was chosen by the largest amount of asked people with 90%, bringing it to the top of the list. ‘Coughing’ and ‘whispering’ were supposed to be annoying by 75% and 60% of the respondents respectively. Half of the sample signified mobilephone as disturbing noise, which is followed closely by ‘sneezing’ which is given by 45%. Occupying 2 last positions are ‘bleeps’ and ‘snoring’ that irritated 40% and 30% of the participants.

The other group was not sound, comprising of five factors. Among those, ‘arriving late’ is the most selected irritant with ¾ of the sample specifying it as disturbance. By contrast, only ¼ of asked people was annoyed by ‘armrest hogging’, making it the least chosen disturbing factors among 12. The other two listed irritants in this group named ‘flash photography’ and ‘big hairdos’ being indicated by equal percentage of 25% which was slightly lower than ‘tall people’ being selected by 30%.

In a nutshell, the ultimate irritants for theatre goers during performances belong to sounds group.

Word count: 217

Give me some comments, pls. Thousands of thanks !!!
Like a Star @ heaven

bluebirdy

bluebirdy
VIP Members
VIP Members

Hi Aqua!!!

You are doing good...but please don't mind if i post my 'own answer' to this test...hope this can help you as well...

A poll was conducted on different theatre-goers to determine what irked them while watching performances at the theatre and the results reveal: There are two main types of disturbances that annoy theatre-goers which can be classified as sound-producing disturbances and sight-blocking factors (non-sound), the former comprising 60% of the total disturbance factors while the latter is taking the other 40%.

Going into details, the first type of disturbances included ‘rustling sweet papers’ as the No. 1 annoying factor for the 90% theatre-goers who were surveyed. This was followed by ‘coughing’ and ‘whispering’ which annoyed 75% and 60% of the respondents, respectively. Half of the samples signified mobilephone as disturbing noise, followed closely by ‘sneezing’ which comprised 45%. The two last sound-producing irritants were ‘bleeps’ and ‘snoring’ which, respectively, bothered 40% and 30% of the samples.

On the same line, sight-blocking factor (non-sound) like ‘arriving late’ disturbed 70% (3/4?) of the theatre-goers in the survey. The least of the respondents, comprising only 20% (1/4?), were slightly bothered with ‘armrest hogging’ making it the last on the list of the 12 disturbance factors. However, ‘flash photography’ and ‘big hairdos’ equally disturbed 25% of the respondents, making a slight difference with the ‘tall people’ theatre-goers that disturbed 30%.

The chart, therefore, clearly shows that theatre-goers are most disturbed by the sound-producing irritants particularly the ‘rustling sweet papers’ during performances at the theatre.

(231 word)

aqua

aqua
VIP Members
VIP Members

bluebirdy wrote:Hi Aqua!!!

You are doing good...but please don't mind if i post my 'own answer' to this test...hope this can help you as well...

Of course, I don't mind. The only thing that I mind is there is no comment left here. I understand that reading others' writing and do the writing is very time-consuming and requires a lot of effort but you spend your valuable time checking it for me and even post your own writing here.

Birdy, I would never say thank enough to you due to your kindness and enthusiasm. Like a Star @ heaven

Your writing really helps me to broaden my way of writing in English

I will try harder!!! Thank you so so so much, Birdy!!! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

aqua

aqua
VIP Members
VIP Members

P/S: I have made mistakes with the figures 3/4 and 1/4 because of my wrong calculation. Hehe. Thank you for showing it to me ^^

nguyetngan

nguyetngan
VIP Members
VIP Members

Oh Miss Birdy,you're back again to help us here.Aqua,you're so lucky to have Miss Birdy being your tutor for this writing.She's really a tutor of great talent. Academic writing practice for IELTS-Task 1-Test 2 986695

aqua

aqua
VIP Members
VIP Members

nguyetngan wrote:Oh Miss Birdy,you're back again to help us here.Aqua,you're so lucky to have Miss Birdy being your tutor for this writing.She's really a tutor of great talent. Academic writing practice for IELTS-Task 1-Test 2 986695

Yes, Ngan. I also find myself in luck ^^. That's why I keep writing and waiting for being corrected.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com