Liệt kê những bài viết mới nhất

Bài viết mớiNgười viếtVào lúc
Happy to come back here
Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:40 pm
One sentences
Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:43 am
Learn from sentences (1 đoạn trong tiểu thuyết Dracula)
Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:45 pm
2 bài viết đoạt giải viết luận của muathuvang (bài 2)
Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:49 am
2 Bài Writing đoạt giải 3 của Muathuvang (bài 1)
Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:44 am
Seagames 26 Indonesia Vocabs
Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:30 am
Cau hoi ve music
Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:14 am
Cách học tiếng Anh từ tiểu thuyết
Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:03 am
Beer & Football
Mon May 21, 2012 7:45 am
Learn from Reading 1
Mon May 21, 2012 7:33 am
A Brief History of the Motorbike in Vietnam
Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Writing topic 2: Talents
Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:59 pm
Topic Writing
Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:37 am
My facebook wordlist
Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:48 pm
Writing an essay 1
Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:43 pm
cai Office 10 cho XP
Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:19 pm
SPEAKING của IELTS.
Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:59 pm
CHuyển đổi file trực tuyến dễ dàng, mọi loại định dạng
Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:39 pm
Vietnam stops anti-China protest, detains many
Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:10 am
Sentences of day
Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:58 am
WORDS OF DAY
Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:31 am
Talks break down(Đàm phán phá vỡ)
Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:49 am
10 tút fotoshop
Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:35 am
PTS TUT 1 TUT 1
Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:33 am
Nightmares
Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:08 pm

You are not connected. Please login or register

Academic writing practice for IELTS-Task 1-Test 1

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aqua

aqua
VIP Members
VIP Members

I am practicing IELTS writing task 1. I will post the questions & my writings here with the hope that you can give me some feedback, correction or share your writings with me. I will post the topics and my writing everyday from the book: Academic Writing Practice for IELTS. Here is the first topic. Thank you!

Writing task 1-Test 1

Academic writing practice for IELTS-Task 1-Test 1 2-19-20111-02-30PM
Factors motivating people to succeed
Academic writing practice for IELTS-Task 1-Test 1 2-19-20111-03-45PM

Last edited by aqua on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total

aqua

aqua
VIP Members
VIP Members

And here is my first writing. Help me to correct it or give me any comment. Thank you so much. Question

The bar chart shows the survey result about factors motivating people to succeed, which is collected from young professionals aged 20-30 years.

As being seen from the chart, the most striking feature is that personal satisfaction and ambition come top on the list of 11 factors with 80% of respondents who include these as motivation for them to be successful. These 2 factors are followed closely by family pressure and pressure from society, standing at 60% and 70% respectively. Rivalry, desire for material things are equally chosen by participants, both at 50%, which is slightly higher than peer pressure and money given by 45%. Coming next is feeling inadequate being cited by 32% of surveyed professionals together with envy/jealousy being quoted by 30%, showing a close difference of 2% between the two. Fear of failure comes last at 25%, making it the least selected factors among all.

Obviously overall, personal factors are the main incentives for asked people to accomplish success in their life.

Word count: 160

aqua

aqua
VIP Members
VIP Members

Hiệp ơi correct cho aqua đi...

Luckygirl ơi correct cho sis đi... êtr

osamahiep

osamahiep
Admin
Admin

aqua wrote:And here is my first writing. Help me to correct it or give me any comment. Thank you so much. Academic writing practice for IELTS-Task 1-Test 1 891564

The bar chart shows the survey result about factors motivating people to succeed, which is collected from young professionals aged 20-30 years.

As being seen from the chart, the most striking feature is that personal satisfaction and ambition come top on the list of 11 factors with 80% of respondents who include these as motivation(s) for them to be successful. These 2 factors are followed closely by family pressure and pressure from society , standing at 60% and 70% respectively. Rivalry, desire for material things are equally chosen by participants, both at 50%, which is slightly higher than peer pressure and money given by 45%. Coming next is feeling inadequate being cited by 32% of surveyed professionals together with envy/jealousy being quoted by 30%, showing a close difference of 2% between the two. Fear of failure comes last at 25%, making it the least selected factors among all.

Obviously overall, personal factors are the main incentives for asked people to accomplish success in their life.

Word count: 160

1. Đoạn mở đầu bài viết lặp lại câu hỏi -- Phần này yêu cầu phải rewording lại bằng cách dùng các cấu trúc song song hoặc từ đồng nghĩa, lặp lại câu hỏi như thế này không được đánh giá cao

bluebirdy

bluebirdy
VIP Members
VIP Members

Hi Aqua!

I don't know if this sounds helpful to you... but I am just trying to be of help...hope this will do....

The bar chart shows the result of a survey that was conducted among a group of young professionals aged 20-30 years to determine which factors motivate people to succeed.

Among the 11 factors cited, the ‘personal satisfaction’ and ‘ambition’ topped the list for which 80% of the respondents signified that these two factors motivated them to succeed. Followed at a close range are the ‘family pressure’ and the ‘pressure from society’ factors which comprised 60% and 70% of the respondents, respectively. 50% of the respondents indicated that both ‘rivalry’ and ‘desire for material’ are the factors that motivated them to succeed which only shows 5% higher than the factors ‘peer pressure’ and ‘money’ which were chosen by 45% of the respondents. Following next is the factor ‘feeling inadequate,’ being the choice of 32% of the respondents which has a close difference of only 2% from the factor ‘envy/jealousy’ as chosen by 30% of the respondents while only 25% of the respondents indicated the ‘failure’ factor.

In sum, the chart clearly illustrates that personal factors are the ultimate reason for people to succeed in life.

(180 words)

Last edited by bluebirdy on Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

tran_ba_hieu

tran_ba_hieu
VIP Members
VIP Members

Wow,Birdy,she is cut out to be a TUTOR Academic writing practice for IELTS-Task 1-Test 1 32662 ,She is up onEnglish,She always know the right thing to tell. Hurray!!! Academic writing practice for IELTS-Task 1-Test 1 134798

bluebirdy

bluebirdy
VIP Members
VIP Members

Exclamation Thanks....just tried....

aqua

aqua
VIP Members
VIP Members

heothuimong wrote:Sao hông ai sửa giùm aqua dzậy? Đợi đến mùa hè, tui viết giỏi lên chút rùi tui review cho nghen. Giờ tui post questions, aqua nhớ phải viết bài chăm chỉ đó nha. Very Happy

Thank you heo!!! Iu heo wa đi 6l

aqua

aqua
VIP Members
VIP Members

osamahiep wrote

1. Đoạn mở đầu bài viết lặp lại câu hỏi -- Phần này yêu cầu phải rewording lại bằng cách dùng các cấu trúc song song hoặc từ đồng nghĩa, lặp lại câu hỏi như thế này không được đánh giá cao[/b]
Thank you so much Hiep for your tip. I will try to paraphrase the topic next time!!! etwtewt

Last edited by aqua on Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

aqua

aqua
VIP Members
VIP Members

bluebirdy wrote:Hi Aqua!

I don't know if this sounds helpful to you... but I am just trying to be of help...hope this will do....

The bar chart shows the result of a survey that was conducted among a group of young professionals aged 20-30 years to determine which factors motivate people to succeed.

Among the 11 factors cited, the ‘personal satisfaction’ and ‘ambition’ topped the list for which 80% of the respondents signified that these two factors motivated them to succeed. Followed at a close range are the ‘family pressure’ and the ‘pressure from society’ factors which comprised 60% and 70% of the respondents, respectively. 50% of the respondents indicated that both ‘rivalry’ and ‘desire for material’ are the factors that motivated them to succeed which only shows 5% higher than the factors ‘peer pressure’ and ‘money’ which were chosen by 45% of the respondents. Following next is the factor ‘feeling inadequate,’ being the choice of 32% of the respondents which has a close difference of only 2% from the factor ‘envy/jealousy’ as chosen by 30% of the respondents while only 25% of the respondents indicated the ‘failure’ factor.

In sum, the chart clearly illustrates that personal factors are the ultimate reason for people to succeed in life.

(180 words)

I owed you, Bluebirdy because you are really of a great help. I can learn so much from your writing. From it, I have learnt a new word: signify, which I have never seen before as well as other useful expressions. Pls allow me to apply them to my upcoming writings. I hope that you can continue helping me with my other writings in the future. Thank you!!!!

osamahiep

osamahiep
Admin
Admin

Academic writing practice for IELTS-Task 1-Test 1 974741 Great tutor ever ! Birdy +10 Experience Points Academic writing practice for IELTS-Task 1-Test 1 777466

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com